Welcome to Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to MetsParadise.com, the Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets. Like most online communities, you must register to post in our Mets Forum. Not to worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Join our community by signing in or creating an account. Registered users are able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
;lgm;

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

OK music freaks - Whatcha listening to?

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#361 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,847 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted Yesterday, 09:54 PM

I've been on a Leadbelly/Robert Johnson/Howlin' Wolf kick lately...

Good stuff.  I always find it fascinating to listen to the musicians that inspired the guys I am impressed with.  The ones you mentioned are cited as direct influences by guys like Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck & a host of others.  Clapton has said that he holds Robert Johnson in the highest regard, and is one of his core influences (a view repeated by many others).  

There are only 29 songs ever recorded by Robert Johnson.  You can find 20 different packages, easy.  Same 29 recordings.

My favorite of the era (and fortunately, he was around for a while after) is John Lee Hooker.  I like that "nasty" sound he often has in his vocals, like someone you don't want to mess with.

Hey brian, how is the band going?  Did you ever end up posting anything on YouTube?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users