Welcome to Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to MetsParadise.com, the Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets. Like most online communities, you must register to post in our Mets Forum. Not to worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Join our community by signing in or creating an account. Registered users are able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
;lgm;

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Citi Field - Advice for Visiting

#MetsCiti Seats Mets transportation

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 steve

steve

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 1,373 posts
  • LocationSt Lucie County Florida (Fall Winter) Baltimore County MD (Summer)

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

Is it tough to get a good box seat at Mets games? Have any of you bought a ticket close to Mets dugout?

Edited by Drucifer, 30 May 2016 - 10:58 PM.

#2 Drucifer

Drucifer

Admin-Super Mod

• Owners
  • 28,931 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:42 PM

Stubhub

#3 Drucifer

Drucifer

Admin-Super Mod

• Owners
  • 28,931 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

And you could of ask this in chat

#4 steve

steve

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

Stubhub

Expect pay $200 a ticket at stub hub its a ripoff! In not paying $150 sit first row O's dugout.

#5 Saxon

Saxon

All-Star

• Members
  • 8,655 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

I can't imagine Stubhub tickets for Citi Field being expensive for the rest of the season...unless it's a special promo, you are paying to watch minor league baseball...

I just saw plenty of Prominade seats for under $20 for the Friday Sept 12th game vs the Washington Nationals (you know, the good team on MASN)...

#6 steve

steve

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

I can't imagine Stubhub tickets for Citi Field being expensive for the rest of the season...unless it's a special promo, you are paying to watch minor league baseball...

I just saw plenty of Prominade seats for under $20 for the Friday Sept 12th game vs the Washington Nationals (you know, the good team on MASN)...

LOL good team on MASN? Nooo That would be My Orioles!

#7 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 10,927 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

Best seats for you?

Anything in Camden Yards.

If you just watched a Mets game you'd see that there are so many fans coming as empty seats that tickets are at a premium.

*sarcasm alert*

#8 ShakeShack5

ShakeShack5

Draftee

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

The Mrs. and I made our first trip to Citi Field earlier this year.

The first night we sat behind home plate in the Delta Silver area. Seats had a pretty awesome view. It was a cool experience to have access to the Delta clubs, although I am a stay in my seat and watch the game kinda guy. Those tickets ran us about $150 each on Stubhub.

The second night was better. While I did not have access to the Delta club or special entrances, we sat in the front row of section 109. This was one of the handicapped accessible seating areas. It was along side the dugout, just beyond 1st base. Great view without the net in our way. The only downside was not being able to see a ball in play down the RF corner.

The plus side to those seats was the access to a private bathroom. You basically walked under the stadium, into the general area of the clubhouse. George Costanza would have been impressed with the bathroom.

The best part was all of the room to move. Plenty of area to stand and stretch. Mr Met and Kevin Burkhart hung out in the area for a good chunk of the game. I got some great pics in this section. Players came to that general spot to sign autographs for the kids. I am not the autograph kind of guy, but I did get to speak with a couple of players as they stood 2ft from my seat while signing.

At the end of the game, as opposed to walking up the stairs and using the general exits, the attendant allowed us to leave by going back through the tunnel where the bathrooms we had access to were. We had not walked past that point during the game, so we were not exactly sure where the exit was in that direction. As we walked on underneath the stadium, the 3 bullpen pitchers who were not used, crossed paths with us as they headed to the clubhouse. No one was really down there and if I had chosen to, I supposed I could have followed them for a bit before someone finally stopped me. While in that area, I recognized a couple of spots where KB often interviewed pitchers during the games. It was a pretty cool experience.

When we go back, I will definitely buy those seats again. Those seats also were about 150 per ticket. I imagine you could get them much cheaper at this point in the season.
  • Saxon likes this

#9 Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo

Resurrected

• Members
  • 4,916 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

The Mrs. and I made our first trip to Citi Field earlier this year.

The first night we sat behind home plate in the Delta Silver area. Seats had a pretty awesome view. It was a cool experience to have access to the Delta clubs, although I am a stay in my seat and watch the game kinda guy. Those tickets ran us about $150 each on Stubhub.

The second night was better. While I did not have access to the Delta club or special entrances, we sat in the front row of section 109. This was one of the handicapped accessible seating areas. It was along side the dugout, just beyond 1st base. Great view without the net in our way. The only downside was not being able to see a ball in play down the RF corner.

The plus side to those seats was the access to a private bathroom. You basically walked under the stadium, into the general area of the clubhouse. George Costanza would have been impressed with the bathroom.

The best part was all of the room to move. Plenty of area to stand and stretch. Mr Met and Kevin Burkhart hung out in the area for a good chunk of the game. I got some great pics in this section. Players came to that general spot to sign autographs for the kids. I am not the autograph kind of guy, but I did get to speak with a couple of players as they stood 2ft from my seat while signing.

At the end of the game, as opposed to walking up the stairs and using the general exits, the attendant allowed us to leave by going back through the tunnel where the bathrooms we had access to were. We had not walked past that point during the game, so we were not exactly sure where the exit was in that direction. As we walked on underneath the stadium, the 3 bullpen pitchers who were not used, crossed paths with us as they headed to the clubhouse. No one was really down there and if I had chosen to, I supposed I could have followed them for a bit before someone finally stopped me. While in that area, I recognized a couple of spots where KB often interviewed pitchers during the games. It was a pretty cool experience.

When we go back, I will definitely buy those seats again. Those seats also were about 150 per ticket. I imagine you could get them much cheaper at this point in the season.

All I want to know is...what happend to the previous 4 ShakeShacks? I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a little concerned for them at this point.

#10 yogib8

yogib8

Starter

• Members
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

All I want to know is...what happend to the previous 4 ShakeShacks? I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a little concerned for them at this point.

Location, location, location. Alas, the first 4 franchises opened in India. Beef burgers were not well received.

Fortunately they reorganized under chapter 11 and reopened as Holy Cow and are successfully doing a booming tofu burger business.

#11 Drucifer

Drucifer

Admin-Super Mod

• Owners
  • 28,931 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Expect pay $200 a ticket at stub hub its a ripoff! In not paying $150 sit first row O's dugout.

I see you never used StubHub to purchased mets tickets.

#12 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,769 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

I just purchased 4 tickets to the Sept.16 Mets game on Stubhub. Section 126, Row 8 - $37 a ticket.
  • Saxon likes this

#13 Saxon

Saxon

All-Star

• Members
  • 8,655 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

Did anyone know about how small the seats are at Citi Field? And to look for "ADA" seats if you are a little wider than a swimsuit model, or have bad enough knees to make going down the steps difficult (but not bad enough to convince your doctor to give you a handicap pass)?

#14 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,769 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:20 AM

This coming Tuesday, Sept 16, we will be at our first game at Citi Field. My last NYC Mets game was in 2006 at Shea. We will be at the Stadium as soon as the gates open to check it all out. I'm looking for recommendations of things to see or do at the park. I don't care so much about food places, will be accompanied by wife, daughter & granddaughter, so, likely as not, we will end up with 4 different types of food. Anyway, besides walking the park, I am looking for displays, museums, team shop, memorabilia & game used items (which will probably be WAAAAYY out of my price range).

Actually, it will be our last Mets game of the year, as we will be out of the country until the season ends. Even though it will only be 10 games, it will be a strange feeling. If my calculations are correct, we will be watching Colon pitch. Our #1 choice would have been deGrom (duh), but I am quite happy with Colon. Always pleased getting to see a player who has had a good career before he is done. Got to see Adam Dunn hit a HR this year live, That was cool.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Edited by Drucifer, 11 September 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#15 Saxon

Saxon

All-Star

• Members
  • 8,655 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:05 PM

I do know that the team store is as soon as you get off the escalator from the entrance in the Jackie Robinson Rotunda...nicer/bigger than the one at Shea; you actually have room to move around in there (at least, 2 hours before the game it wasn't bad)...they have several retired Mets shirts/jerseys, and several "select" current players (maybe about 6-10...my daughters were after the Wright ones, so it didn't really matter)...I got a Mets cap blue with the orange bill...

The parking situation is a HUGE improvement over Shea...especially on a Tuesday in mid September...you can practically park right in front of the stadium...
  • mjjm367 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #MetsCiti, Seats, Mets, transportation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users