Welcome to Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to MetsParadise.com, the Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets. Like most online communities, you must register to post in our Mets Forum. Not to worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Join our community by signing in or creating an account. Registered users are able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
;lgm;

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Killjoys - SyFy

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Drucifer

Drucifer

Admin-Super Mod

• Owners
  • 30,282 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

Posted Image

Coming in 2015

From the producers of Orphan Black (Temple Street Productions) and the creator of Lost Girl (Michelle Lovretta), Killjoys follows a fun-loving, hard living trio of interplanetary bounty hunters sworn to remain impartial as they chase deadly warrants throughout the Quad, a distant system on the brink of a bloody, multi-planetary class war.

Hannah John-Kamen stars as the gorgeous, complicated, and deadly Dutch. A top-level Killjoy, she’s a much loved and charming presence in her community, with a unique gift for earning people’s trust and respect regardless of their class. Under her banter and protective flirtations, there is a dark secret past.

Aaron Ashmore takes on the role of John Jaqobis, a peacemaker who hates conflict. Cheerful and kind-hearted, John prefers not to fight, but his sarcastic wit has put him into the fray enough over the years to teach him how to do it well, and dirty.

Luke Macfarlane stars as D’avin, a handsome, rugged, sarcastic, and incredibly loyal former soldier. He dreamed of enlisting in the military since boyhood, and his hard-won expertise in tactics, maneuvers and hand-to-hand combat make him an instant asset to the Killjoy team.

SOURCE

#2 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:09 PM

Did anyone watch this series?  I missed it, but my brother said it was very good, reminded him of Farscape to some degree.  I am waiting for season 2 to come out, and I'm sure they will rerun season 1 in the weeks preceding that.

#3 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:36 AM

Just took a look, this looks like so many of those other shows that SyFi just pushes out.  Defiance is the most recent one that comes to mind (have you seen that?)

#4 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:09 PM

Just watched the first episode.  What it really reminds me of is Firefly.  Multiple planets, futuristic weapons, hunting for something (bounty vs salvage) and a hot chick in tight leather.  Hopefully the writing is more firefly than Defiance (I can't watch defiance, gave it several episodes and the writing was so bad it was painful)

#5 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:18 PM

Chalk this one up to a brainfart Fang.  I meant Firefly but I typed Farscape.

#6 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:21 PM

i see.  I'd agree with that, but without being fugitives themselves

#7 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:38 PM

I do have to admit, I like Defiance.  Please, before anyone types any spoilers, I am half way through Season 3.  Post season is where I catch up on all my shows. 

#8 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:23 PM

So I ended up having to change out my DVR, as the old one was failing.  Well, the new box came with a limited time free On Demand feature. 

I am now 3 episodes (out of 10) into the first season of Killjoys.  And absolutely loving it.  Don't know if any of you continued watching it, but I am now hooked.

#9 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:15 AM

I watched the whole series on a rainy Saturday a while back.  Better than Defiance (stopped watching that half way through first season) /  Not as good as Firefly.

#10 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:41 PM

And you were quite right Fang about the hot chick in tight leather.  While that doesn't make a bad show good, it is a nice bonus on a show I like.

#11 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:19 PM

And you were quite right Fang about the hot chick in tight leather.  While that doesn't make a bad show good, it is a nice bonus on a show I like.

She's a plus, but she's no companion  :)

#12 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:24 PM

She's a plus, but she's no companion   :)

The way she kicks ass, I don't believe that you would have a say in it, once she has made her decision.

Whatever that decision may be.

#13 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:39 PM

The way she kicks ass, I don't believe that you would have a say in it, once she has made her decision.

Whatever that decision may be.

no, I meant Firefly "companion"

https://www.google.c...wRn6SttBBxjmCM:

#14 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:53 PM

Very nice - but given the opportunity to make a choice - I'll go with the Killjoy...

https://www.google.c...ofBih7yvcdMPCM:

#15 Drucifer

Drucifer

Admin-Super Mod

• Owners
  • 30,282 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:30 PM

Very nice - but given the opportunity to make a choice - I'll go with the Killjoy...

https://www.google.c...ofBih7yvcdMPCM:

In real life she would be a man-like lesbo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users