Welcome to Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to MetsParadise.com, the Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets. Like most online communities, you must register to post in our Mets Forum. Not to worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Join our community by signing in or creating an account. Registered users are able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
;lgm;

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2015-16 NHL thread

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:12 PM

saw the Rick Nash deal coming, and for the return, McDonugh isn't a shocker.  But JT Miller is a big contributor, young, proven and controllable.  I will miss him.

Hopefully the package of draft picks and prospects turns out legit... as I'm not sold on Namestnikov... playing with a light em up offense and not that many points...

#17 Canada Mets Fan

Canada Mets Fan

Mets AAA Ball Player

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

Not really sure why the Bruins traded for Nash, he has been on the down slope for a few years now. Good return for the Rangers, all the same. Trading the captain and heart and soul of the team??? Not convinced on that one. Plus McDonagh didn't have a terrible contract.

#18 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:10 PM

My guess is the rangers don't see themselves competing next year, so 1 1/2 years of McDonagh nets more than 1/2 year of McDonagh.  

As for the Nash, I agree, he's a big body and a big name, but his production isn't worth the haul.  That said, I'm not surprised someone ponied up that amount for Nash thanks to the name.  At this point of his career, he's a guy you know will contribute, just not at the level of a difference maker.  (Or maybe the Rangers just didn't use him right).

#19 sg3

sg3

Draftee

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationThe Big Apple

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:42 AM

Vignault fired after Ranger final game of seaaon

#20 Canada Mets Fan

Canada Mets Fan

Mets AAA Ball Player

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:16 PM

I really do not understand that firing. AV had led the team to the playoffs every season and even to the Finals. With the way the team is headed who do they think will be a better coach??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users