Welcome to Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to MetsParadise.com, the Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets. Like most online communities, you must register to post in our Mets Forum. Not to worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Join our community by signing in or creating an account. Registered users are able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
;lgm;

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Member Generated Suggestions & Requests

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:00 PM

What happened to the recipe sub-forum?  I appreciate the recipes as much as anyone else, but this just buries the rest of the threads in this forum. 

I asked this question before without an answer.  What's up Dru?

#2 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:54 PM

I had a question and suggestion regarding a recent change on the boards.  I didn't want to put it in the Shoutbox, as things get pushed down very quickly there.

Recently, the General Discussion forum has been flooded with recipe threads.  I am all in favor of the recipe threads, as it seems many of us are.  My only issue is that other non-recipe threads in the GD forum are pushed way down and are hard to find. 

There used to be a Recipe sub-Forum, that has gone away.  Can we please get that forum reinstated?  It seems to make sense to keep all the recipes together and the rest separate.  I don't know who to petition, Drucifer or Dan.

Thoughts?

#3 Saxon

Saxon

All-Star

• Members
  • 8,838 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:49 AM

can someone please move this thread away from the recipes? How am I supposed to see recipes, if there are other threads in the way?

#4 yogib8

yogib8

Starter

• Members
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

I had a question and suggestion regarding a recent change on the boards.  I didn't want to put it in the Shoutbox, as things get pushed down very quickly there.

Recently, the General Discussion forum has been flooded with recipe threads.  I am all in favor of the recipe threads, as it seems many of us are.  My only issue is that other non-recipe threads in the GD forum are pushed way down and are hard to find. 

There used to be a Recipe sub-Forum, that has gone away.  Can we please get that forum reinstated?  It seems to make sense to keep all the recipes together and the rest separate.  I don't know who to petition, Drucifer or Dan.

Thoughts?

I think Dan would be my first choice since Dru is the author of this rash of recipes, but if that doesn't work try Julia Childs or Graham Kerr.  

#5 yogib8

yogib8

Starter

• Members
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:45 PM

What happened to the recipe sub-forum?  I appreciate the recipes as much as anyone else, but this just buries the rest of the threads in this forum. 

I asked this question before without an answer.  What's up Dru?

Wasn't the point to share recipes?  I know that the recipes that I posted were mine and actually worked, because I made them.    51 recipes in the past two weeks.....all (?) pulled off an online site and never tested (?) seriously. 

#6 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

Wasn't the point to share recipes?  I know that the recipes that I posted were mine and actually worked, because I made them.    51 recipes in the past two weeks.....all (?) pulled off an online site and never tested (?) seriously. 

agreed, think there should be a separate sub forum + posted recipes should be of the ilk of "I've made" and then let us know how it came out or "I'm going to make" and people who've made similar can comment/give tips.

#7 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:44 PM

While I appreciate the feedback as to particular recipes, I would like to get the sub-forum idea addressed if that is OK.

The General Discussion forum used to have multiple sub-forums, like Recipes, or Science/Technology.  With it all lumped together under GD, threads get lost so fast.  I would really like to see similar topics lumped together, like it used to be.

I realize that all threads are not for all people.  Personally, I just glance at the recipes.  I miss the Sci/Tech sub-forum, which I found interesting.  If we had sub-forums again, the GD forum would not be the mish-mash that it has become.

After some other members weigh in, who do we ask about this?  Would that be Drucifer or Dan or who?

Also. apologies if it seemed like I cut off the recipe discussion, wasn't my intention.  I just didn't want the initial request to get lost.  Perhaps we can "sticky" this thread for all member generated suggestions?

#8 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:45 PM

can someone please move this thread away from the recipes? How am I supposed to see recipes, if there are other threads in the way?

LOL!!!!!

• Saxon likes this

#9 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:46 PM

Damnit, this illustrates my point.  I thought I was replying to the other thread. 

#10 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

I incorrectly posted this in the wrong thread, belongs here...

While I appreciate the feedback as to particular recipes, I would like to get the sub-forum idea addressed if that is OK.

The General Discussion forum used to have multiple sub-forums, like Recipes, or Science/Technology.  With it all lumped together under GD, threads get lost so fast.  I would really like to see similar topics lumped together, like it used to be.

I realize that all threads are not for all people.  Personally, I just glance at the recipes.  I miss the Sci/Tech sub-forum, which I found interesting.  If we had sub-forums again, the GD forum would not be the mish-mash that it has become.

After some other members weigh in, who do we ask about this?  Would that be Drucifer or Dan or who?

Also. apologies if it seemed like I cut off the recipe discussion, wasn't my intention.  I just didn't want the initial request to get lost.  Perhaps we can "sticky" this thread for all member generated suggestions?

#11 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:52 PM

Damnit, this illustrates my point.  I thought I was replying to the other thread. 

dammit MJJM, get your head on straight!

#12 Saxon

Saxon

All-Star

• Members
  • 8,838 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:01 PM

LOL!!!!!

I try hard to keep you entertained (or blowing chocolate milk out of your nostrils while reading my replies)...

#13 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:08 AM

dammit MJJM, get your head on straight!

You are assuming that I would know how to do that.

#14 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:35 AM

You are assuming that I would know how to do that.

no one assumes that about you.

#15 yogib8

yogib8

Starter

• Members
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:02 AM

Thoughts?

Beside the recipes and the Sci-Tech sub-forms,  one could be added for travel....mjjm, abat, mjjm's welcome wagon effort's,  the travails of getting to midtown from LaGuardia etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users