Welcome to Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to MetsParadise.com, the Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets. Like most online communities, you must register to post in our Mets Forum. Not to worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Join our community by signing in or creating an account. Registered users are able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
;lgm;

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'The Walking Dead' DIscussion Thread - SPOILERS ALLOWED*

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 11,092 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:12 AM

OK, so that we don't blow it in the Shout box, I've started a new topic in the Entertainment thread about the Walking Dead, both the TV show and the Comics.

I hope that there is enough traffic on this thread to justify it!

#2 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 11,092 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:17 AM

OK, for a start, and for those who watched last night's episode...

That was a BRUTAL one. Basically, the group committed mass murder. Perhaps justified, but murder nonetheless. And the scene with Glenn stabbing the sleeping Savior was especially disturbing. You could sense the emotional impact it had on him, that he was finally taking that last step into this changed world.

I don't know if they could justify their actions, frankly. Those who read the comic knew that ultimately these people deserved anything they got, but if you place yourself in the timeline where "our" group is, they don't know this for sure. All they have to go by is the word of some folks at Hilltop and ONE meeting on the road with the Savior group that Darryl blew up.

I don't know if that is enough to justify wiping out a bunch of others that you have had no dealings with.

Again, ultimately it turns out to be the right thing, but at the exact time they were doing it, they could not know that. It's a mental and emotional change that is extremely dark and foreboding.

#3 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 11,092 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:19 AM

And, on a different tangent, Abraham.

His breakup conversation was harsh, I lost a lot of respect for him, although the dingleberry line was classic.

I know there is no easy way to break up with anyone at ANY time, but that was especially cruel.

#4 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 11,092 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

And since this is a Walking Dead thread (I rhyme some of the time), I'll throw in some TALKING dead commentary.

JB Smoove was awful. Simple awful. To me, he added NOTHING to the conversation.

#5 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:29 PM

OK, so that we don't blow it in the Shout box, I've started a new topic in the Entertainment thread about the Walking Dead, both the TV show and the Comics.

I hope that there is enough traffic on this thread to justify it!

without reading beyond the opening, I appreciate this!  Thank you!

Even if its just two or three of you talking, it justifies the thread IMO.  Just like the music thread which entertains a minority is a worthy addition because it hurts no one and entertains some.

#6 Canada Mets Fan

Canada Mets Fan

Mets AAA Ball Player

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:50 AM

Brian, thanks for starting this. I don't watch Talking Dead but caught a few mins last week and yes, JB Smoove was a waste, talking without adding any value.

Looking forward to Sunday's episode but I can honestly say I have been looking forward to every episode the past two seasons or so. Great writing the past 2 years after some down seasons.

#7 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 11,092 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:29 PM

I know this may sound crazy, but I personally think that this season has been the best one since the program started. Even better than season one.

Very well written, acted, and shot.

As for Talking Dead, usually, it's a great show. Once in a while, though, they have a guest on who is a total and complete idiot.

JB last week was horrid, Marilyn Manson was on once and he was unbearable. It was physically uncomfortable to watch.

But, most of the time, it adds to the WD experience.

#8 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 11,092 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:04 PM

Sooooo...

Tonight's episode was...

Wow.

#9 Canada Mets Fan

Canada Mets Fan

Mets AAA Ball Player

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:12 PM

brian, your reaction was the same as mine. Another gut churning episode. The momentum of this season is like a freight train.

I don't know how the show can keep raising the bar week after week. The best series on TV, IMO.

#10 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 11,092 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:11 AM

It's right up there, the tension has ratcheted up weekly, and I think that the last three weeks of this season are going to be taut like a guitar string...

#11 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 11,092 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 07:54 PM

Should be an interesting episode tonight.

There are a few things coming up (at least in the comic universe) that will be interesting to say the least. I don't know how close they will stick to the source material, especially one particular storyline, but it will be tense and entertaining.

#12 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 11,092 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:42 PM

THAT was totally unexpected.

Abraham was supposed to get the arrow to the eye. I did NOT see that coming at all...

#13 Canada Mets Fan

Canada Mets Fan

Mets AAA Ball Player

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:44 PM

Damn, that was cold....

#14 Canada Mets Fan

Canada Mets Fan

Mets AAA Ball Player

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:53 PM

And Rosita is worth the price of admission.
  • brian stark likes this

#15 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 11,092 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:04 PM

"Maybe they can give Carl her other eye"...

I literally laughed out loud...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users