Welcome to Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to MetsParadise.com, the Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets. Like most online communities, you must register to post in our Mets Forum. Not to worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Join our community by signing in or creating an account. Registered users are able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
;lgm;

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Construct your ideal lineup of current MLB players

exercise for fun

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Saxon

Saxon

All-Star

• Members
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:49 PM

Since this offense is so boring right now...and we don't always have the same point of view on what's important, I think that it would be interesting to see what lineups people come up with...

a few "rules" though:

1) 3 "franchise players" are off limits (Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, and Paul Goldschmidt);

2) the player must actually get over 50% of his At-Bats in that spot in the order;

3) that player actually has to play that position in over 50% of his innings;

#2 Saxon

Saxon

All-Star

• Members
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:14 PM

1) Jose Altuve 2B RH;

2) Trevor Story SS RH; (I'd really prefer a LH or SW, but a #2 hitting SS putting up those kind of numbers?);

3) Kris Bryant 3B RH; (once again, I'd prefer a LH or SW but...);

4) Anthony Rizzo 1B RH; (cleanup competition is much weaker than you would think);

5) Mark Trumbo RF RH; (5th is also much weaker than I would have expected);

6)

7) Wilson Ramos C RH;

8)

ok...my rules suck...there aren't any good #6 or #8 hitters (seems like an awful lot of #8 hitters are catchers and shortstops)...and not a lot of good LF or RF options further down in the order (and not many up top either)

#3 thomasam

thomasam

Mets AAA Ball Player

• Members
  • 1,039 posts
  • LocationHoboken, NJ/ New York, NY

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:23 AM

I think 5/6 hitters could be somewhat interchangeable along with 7/8 depending on the position.  So basically if you have a SS batting 7th and a 2B who generally bats 7th also, you'd move him to 8 to make the lineup work because that's what a major-league team would do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users