Welcome to Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to MetsParadise.com, the Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets. Like most online communities, you must register to post in our Mets Forum. Not to worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Join our community by signing in or creating an account. Registered users are able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
;lgm;

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hall of Fame - Class of 2017

#HOF

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 Canada Mets Fan

Canada Mets Fan

Mets AAA Ball Player

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:41 PM

I'd vote in Vladdy and Chipper, and would think long and hard on Mussina. If you look back on his career he had some excellent numbers, all in the AL East.

Sax, I'd vote for Walker. True he played in Cooks but I think only 31% of his career ABs occurred in Cooks, but I could be wrong. And yes it inflates numbers but to me, it's still a valid major league stadium and I can't hold that against him. His defense and baserunning wasn't inflated by Coors. But I will concede that I might have a Canadian bias.

I am on the fence about Bonds. He was a hall of famer to me (as much as I could not stand him) before he ever took anything but it 2as obvious to everyone that he was juicing later in his career. On ability alone he was an all-time great.

As for Clemens, I couldn't stomach him either but I wanted to give him a fair look. The thing is, prior to going to Toronto he'd had some amazing seasons but his last 4 in Boston were mediocre at best. He went to Toronto at age 34, started juicing and won another 162 games, pitching into his 40s. I would have a difficult time voting him in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users