Welcome to Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to MetsParadise.com, the Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets. Like most online communities, you must register to post in our Mets Forum. Not to worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Join our community by signing in or creating an account. Registered users are able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
;lgm;

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rule Change - MLB to Test a Speedup-the-Game Rule Change in Minors

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 West Coast Mets Fan

West Coast Mets Fan

Armchair Mgr

• Members
  • 3,814 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:08 PM

Rule Change in Minors Will Put Runner on 2B in Extra Innings

:espn:

With commissioner Rob Manfred focused on increasing the pace of play in Major League Baseball, the minor leagues have become a proving grounds of sort when it comes to the pitch clock and other ideas.

One of the focuses this season will be on possible solutions for speeding up extra-inning games.

Yahoo! Sports, citing sources, reported Wednesday that MLB will test a rule change in the rookie-level Gulf Coast League and the Arizona League this summer that will automatically place a runner on second base at the start of extra innings.

A similar rule has been used internationally and will be in place for next month's World Baseball Classic.

MLB has proposed eliminating throwing four balls for an intentional walk and raising the strike zone above the knees, sources tell ESPN.

Joe Torre, MLB's Chief Baseball Officer, is in favor of seeing if the idea merits implementing at other levels.

"Let's see what it looks like," Torre told Yahoo! Sports. "It's not fun to watch when you go through your whole pitching staff and wind up bringing a utility infielder in to pitch. As much as it's nice to talk about being at an 18-inning game, it takes time.

"It's baseball. I'm just trying to get back to that, where this is the game that people come to watch. It doesn't mean you're going to score. You're just trying to play baseball."

:source:

What's next? A six pack at every base?

#2 Drucifer

Drucifer

Admin-Super Mod

• Owners
  • 30,298 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:45 PM

Well, that's a brain fart of an idea!

I hoping the fans boo and walkout when it happens.

#3 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

i hate that idea.  Why don't you make it a 7 man field and you only have to bat your 1-6 of the line-up?

#4 West Coast Mets Fan

West Coast Mets Fan

Armchair Mgr

• Members
  • 3,814 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:41 PM

How about, Automatic out if the hitter hits the ball to the opposite field?

Or do like we do here were I work at Big League Dreams, every batter starts with a 1-1 count to speed up the game.

#5 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

Intentional walk in front of a pitcher, batter takes 2nd and the pitcher gets to take first...

#6 West Coast Mets Fan

West Coast Mets Fan

Armchair Mgr

• Members
  • 3,814 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:56 PM

Intentional walk in front of a pitcher, batter takes 2nd and the pitcher gets to take first...

I kinda like the idea of that one

#7 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:57 PM

classic co-ed softball rule

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users