Welcome to Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to MetsParadise.com, the Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets. Like most online communities, you must register to post in our Mets Forum. Not to worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Join our community by signing in or creating an account. Registered users are able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
;lgm;

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Random Season Thoughts: 2017

#Mets2017

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
284 replies to this topic

#271 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,868 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

:rotfl:  Hardly, I was a Hospital Food Service Administrator.   But I do have a degree in Culinary Arts as well as being a Registered Dietitian.   

Hospital Health care is not a vehicle for a big salary...it's more like taking a vow of poverty.   In some circles, directing your children to a career in health care is considered child abuse.

My wife works in health care.  I do the cooking.  I wonder if there is a correlation yogi.  And we can't afford a chef either.

I don't have any sort of degree in culinary arts, but I do have 17 years of bachlerhood cooking experience between marriages.  Functional, fast & edible is my cooking mantra.  The same three words used to apply to my dating preferences during those 17 years.

#272 yogib8

yogib8

Starter

• Members
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:48 PM

I've been married for 47 years which is almost 7 in dog years.   In addition to your description of your pre marriage dating atmosphere I would add walking a tight wire without a net, which is dating more than one at a time...even to a point that I bought three identical silver heart necklaces one Valentine's day.   One of which resides in the jewelry box in our bedroom. 

Addendum to a previous post;  With the elimination of the Cubs back to Brigadoon where they will wait for another century until their time comes again.  My rooting for the Dodgers is done.  

I am now fully behind the Astros for the next weeks or so and Altuve who has been a Marauder keeper for years now going back to when Saxon's Frozen Otters were one of the dirty dozen in my league.

• Saxon likes this

#273 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,868 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:59 PM

Saxon's Frozen Otters  -  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl: 

Sound like delicacy from Vermont.

• Saxon likes this

#274 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

Its down to two, and I don't know who to root for.

Dodgers left Brooklyn, so that's a con, but they have Turner and Grandy, that's a pro.

Houston came in the same time as us, kind of a rival in that sense, plus I still have something against them for the whole 1986 bar fight/arrests at Cooters, that's a con. But, they have Beltran, who was one of the most underappreciated Mets of all time and he deserves a ring.

I guess I'll root for a good, tight, seven game series.

#275 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,868 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:07 PM

I'll be rooting for Houston, but not from living here.  If I lived in Boston, I would still always root against the Red Sox.  Or the Nats in D.C.  Also, Dodgers are a team I root against, looking at them like the "Yankees West" - let's buy a ring.  I'm also hoping for a signature moment for two of my favorite ex-Mets - Grandy, and the best all around player the Mets have ever had, Beltran.

My reasons for rooting for Houston - with my team out of it, I always root for the team who hasn't won ever or a long time (Cubs last year, screw them this year).  My biggest reason is that the Astros were my dad's adpoted team.  When he moved here way back in 1983, you couldn't get out of market games, so he became an Astros fan.  If he were still around, I would be watching the Series with him.

#276 Saxon

Saxon

All-Star

• Members
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

I've been married for 47 years which is almost 7 in dog years.   In addition to your description of your pre marriage dating atmosphere I would add walking a tight wire without a net, which is dating more than one at a time...even to a point that I bought three identical silver heart necklaces one Valentine's day.   One of which resides in the jewelry box in our bedroom. 

Addendum to a previous post;  With the elimination of the Cubs back to Brigadoon where they will wait for another century until their time comes again.  My rooting for the Dodgers is done.  

I am now fully behind the Astros for the next weeks or so and Altuve who has been a Marauder keeper for years now going back to when Saxon's Frozen Otters were one of the dirty dozen in my league.

Saxon's Frozen Otters had several of those ALCS Houston Astros on his team...

Saxon's AL team has been the Houston Astros for a few years now, and Saxon supports the Astros as World Champions and hope that they make sure that squirrely little orange leprechaun from LA goes home empty handed

#277 sg34Thor

sg34Thor

Draftee

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Big Apple, USA, NA, Earth

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:28 PM

Born and brought up in Bklyn

Went to games at Ebbets Field

Deserted by Satan O'Malley in 1957

If the Yankees had won I would have no choices between the 2 franchises I loathe the most.

As it turned out tho

Go 'Stros

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
  • brian stark, mjjm367 and yogib8 like this

#278 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,868 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:47 PM

Then you must have appreciated the sentiment of the joke from back then...

If Stalin, Hitler and O'Malley are in a room and you only have two bullets, who do you shoot?

O'Malley, twice.

#279 sg34Thor

sg34Thor

Draftee

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Big Apple, USA, NA, Earth

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:30 AM

Then you must have appreciated the sentiment of the joke from back then...

If Stalin, Hitler and O'Malley are in a room and you only have two bullets, who do you shoot?

O'Malley, twice.

LOL

After reading Dantes Inferno, I added O'Malley to the bottom canto of Hell down there with Judas and Brutus

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

#280 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:34 AM

Definitely pulling for Stros.  Young team w/ opening payroll of $125M, you just gotta feel like they did it like you're supposed to ie: sucked long enough to get a ton of high draft picks ;)

#281 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

btw - anyone who says they can't cook just means they haven't put any effort into trying to cook.

With websites that give you rated recipes for any and every dish you can think of, cooking has never been easier.  I'm not like yogi where I've been trained to cook or do it professionally, yet I've still made a litany of multicultural meals of varying complexities.

My first adventurous attempt was cinnabuns from scratch for a mothers day I hosted when I was 24 and extremely hungover from a friends b-day the night before.  If a hung over 24 year old can make cinnabuns for a large group, then I stand by the statement that anyone who wants to cook can do it and do it well!

#282 yogib8

yogib8

Starter

• Members
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

Went to games at Ebbets Field

Deserted by Satan O'Malley in 1957

That's my story.  Damn Thor....you're an old guy. 

I stand by the statement that anyone who wants to cook can do it and do it well!

Agreed.   Failure is a lesson well served.  Besides the patient food service and the employee cafeterIa also oversaw the Coffee Shop.  When I would hire a young new employee, I would tell them if the customer orders eggs over easy or sunny side up and you break the yolk... scape it off the grill.   Eggs cost a nickel and that's a small price for a happy customer.   

There was a message in telling that to a new employee, don't know if it reached them, but I hoped so.

#283 yogib8

yogib8

Starter

• Members
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:52 AM

Did anyone else notice that Saxon is posting in the third person....kinda like Rickey?

• Saxon likes this

#284 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

Saxon is the straw the stirs the drink :)

• Saxon likes this

#285 Saxon

Saxon

All-Star

• Members
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

Did anyone else notice that Saxon is posting in the third person....kinda like Rickey?

Saxon appreciates when Saxon is noticed...

• mjjm367 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users