Welcome to Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to MetsParadise.com, the Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets. Like most online communities, you must register to post in our Mets Forum. Not to worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Join our community by signing in or creating an account. Registered users are able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
;lgm;

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Random Off-Season Thoughts: 2017/18

#MetsOffSeason

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#196 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,975 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:29 PM

yogi - all that you need to make it complete is a few slices of bacon.

Yes, obviously yogi and I are desperately waiting for the beginning of watchable baseball.  There isn't even football anymore to ease the pain.

Football - the methadone clinic for baseball junkies.

#197 yogib8

yogib8

Starter

• Members
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:10 PM

Yes, obviously yogi and I are desperately waiting for the beginning of watchable baseball

I love bacon as much, if not more, than the next guy....but does everything have to end with bacon?  

Yes we have been driven in abstract directions waiting out the off season, 6 Steps and Haiku....incidentally I just posted the answers to the two unsolved Haiku

#198 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,975 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

I love bacon as much, if not more, than the next guy....but does everything have to end with bacon?  

Yes we have been driven in abstract directions waiting out the off season, 6 Steps and Haiku....incidentally I just posted the answers to the two unsolved Haiku

Bacon just happened to fit (and rhyme) with Taken when we were talking about "a particular set of skills".

This is always a "dead zone" sports-wise for me.  Football is over (even in a bad year for my teams, I enjoy the playoffs), and I just am not into basketball or hockey.  

I have binge watched all of the shows I like that my wife doesn't, and my brother and I just completed the draft for our next season of replay baseball.

So, I have a lot more time on my hands to let my mind wander.  It normally comes back, but who knows what it has dragged back this time (turns out the answer was bacon, and we see where that led....)

#199 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,975 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:12 PM

My previous post led me to search when the first televised Mets ST game would be, and IT"S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

For those with the MLB Network, this coming Saturday, 2/24, at 9:00 AM Eastern, they are broadcasting the Friday 2/23 ST game vs. the Braves.  It's 8 AM my time, so I will be watching it over coffee.

Finally!!!!!

I'm so excited I may just hold my breath until then....   ;zipmouth; 

No worries, I can still type without air, and may actually be slightly more coherent.

#200 thomasam

thomasam

Mets AAA Ball Player

• Members
  • 1,085 posts
  • LocationHoboken, NJ/ New York, NY

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:28 PM

I'm a big college basketball fan so I do really enjoy this part of the year, but there's nothing quite like the start of spring training and then opening day.

Of course I'm also looking forward to heading down to Port St. Lucie on the 11th-14th next month.  Can't wait to get down there and do some watching and mingling!

• brian stark likes this

#201 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,975 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:39 PM

I'm a big college basketball fan so I do really enjoy this part of the year, but there's nothing quite like the start of spring training and then opening day.

Of course I'm also looking forward to heading down to Port St. Lucie on the 11th-14th next month.  Can't wait to get down there and do some watching and mingling!

Won't happen until I retire, but a Spring Training vacation is a dream of mine.

#202 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 11,138 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:15 PM

If it did, we would have world peace, lower stress, and prosperity for all.

High blood pressure, perhaps, but well worth it.

#203 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 11,138 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:16 PM

Same here. I'm making due watching ACC basketball until Friday, then at least there are games, even if they are basically practices.

Spring baseball is infinitely better than no baseball...

#204 yogib8

yogib8

Starter

• Members
  • 4,645 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:21 AM

Spring baseball is infinitely better than no baseball

So true, the opening of camp ramps up the interest in the 2018 expectations for the Mets and also jump starts the reorganization of another season of fantasy baseball. 

The only reservation is the possibility of the spring is the dreaded vision of a player hobbling off the field or on a stretcher as well as a pitcher walking to the dugout holding his elbow with a grimace on his face.    May these horrible events never grace our screens.

To the positive...this is not a WBC year.  

• brian stark likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users