Welcome to Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to MetsParadise.com, the Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets. Like most online communities, you must register to post in our Mets Forum. Not to worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Join our community by signing in or creating an account. Registered users are able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
;lgm;

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Random Off-Season Thoughts: 2017/18

#MetsOffSeason

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#226 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 10,067 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:56 PM

I'm here to go on the record agreeing with the dangers of the Daylight Savings Time change.

Wife and I were going around the house changing time on the various clocks.  I was up on the stepstool taking the wall clock down so I could change it, with the wife assisting.  I stepped down and turned right unexpectedly, she turned left unexpectedly, and her shoulder caught me right on the outer edge of my glasses.  Yes, I wear glasses, wire framed.  Have since 9th grade, when I could no longer cheat on the eye test well enough to pass.

Anyway, not only did she knock them off my face, but they snapped in half, right down the middle.  I had worked in a bar on Saturday nights for over 20 years.  Over the years, there were countless times when the bar staff came out from behind the bar to help our doormen.  (What, it was a Lower East Side bar back in the day?  What in your experience with me would make you think I would work in a classy bar?  Hell, I wouldn't drink in a classy bar.)  Anyway, my glasses have come off my face a bunch of times, and normally it was easy to unbend them if necessary.  I have never had them broken.

Just another example of the evils of DST.

#227 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:13 PM

exchange at the mound:

McCarver: Bob, I just want to educate you a little about who's covering 2nd base on a possible stolen base attempt...When Dal Maxvill puts his glove up to his face with his mouth open that means that he's covering 2nd base, and the 2nd baseman is going to remain at his normal position...When Dal Maxvill puts his glove up to his face with his mouth closed that means that the 2nd baseman is covering 2nd and Dal is going to remain at his shortstop depth...and if...

Gibson: Timmy STFU...

More like:

Gibson: I'm striking the SOB out after I whizz one past his earhole. Come out here again, you get the same, damnit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users