Welcome to Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to MetsParadise.com, the Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets. Like most online communities, you must register to post in our Mets Forum. Not to worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Join our community by signing in or creating an account. Registered users are able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
;lgm;

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Another, another UK Mets fans

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 WelshMet

WelshMet

Draftee

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:16 PM

Hey everyone,

Wanted to join a Mets forum for a while, new seasons just started so thought this would be a good a time as any. Starting supporting the Mets during the Mets/Yankees series when I was on holiday in Florida in August 2016.

When I saw Bartolo Colon, a guy who looks like he has no place striking people out (in my own uninformed opinion) pitching like a beast, I loved the guy and started rooting for the mets, and have been since, Sadly for me, Colon left that Summer, but hey-ho. Really enjoyed the great run the Mets went on, qualifying for post-season but sadly that's where it ended. It seem's the less said about last season...the better.

Being a complete leyman of baseball, I go yay when we got a home run and strike others out, but the nuances of the game are definitely lost on me, so hopefully I'll learn a lot about baseball while I'm here.

So, I ask the baseball aficionados/mets fans here, who should I look out for this season? And realistic views of how season might go? Or just say hello back haha!

Nice to meet you all, 

Adam

#2 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 10,025 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:26 PM

Welcome aboard.  Glad you are here.

Easiest way to learn the ins and outs of baseball is to watch.  Mets announcers are pretty good (compared to most) and go over strategy fairly regularly.  For any other questions, just post here (pick a thread, but questions posed in the Chatbox may tend to get lost).  This thread works as good as any.  The crew here are knowledgeable and friendly, and you'll get good answers.

#3 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:35 PM

just watch out for people :fbomb: with you.  If for instance MJJM tells you 4 strike outs in a game for the same batter is called something like a "Golden Sombrero" just use your brain because no name could possibly be that stupid...

#4 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 10,025 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:39 PM

just watch out for people :fbomb: with you.  If for instance MJJM tells you 4 strike outs in a game for the same batter is called something like a "Golden Sombrero" just use your brain because no name could possibly be that stupid...

According to Keith, 5 strike outs is the "Platinum Sombrero".

And yes, WelshMet - 4 strikeouts by the same batter in a game is truly called a Golden Sombrero.

https://en.wikipedia...Golden_sombrero

By the way Fang, you're not helping......

#5 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:48 PM

Wait, is it really?  what are the chances.  Well then definitely don't think he's anything but hungry if he starts talking about rib-eye steaks.  If he starts chatting about multiple rib-eyes, is because he was being particularly fat that night..

PS:  I warned him people might mess with him.

#6 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:48 PM

PSS:  We haven't even gotten into Keith-isms like getting your tit's lit...

#7 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:49 PM

PSS:  We haven't even gotten into Keith-isms like getting your tit's lit...

which to quote myself was actually against Roark who started for the Nats tonight :)  it all circles back haha

#8 WelshMet

WelshMet

Draftee

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:12 AM

Haha I got out you, kinda like asking the new guy at a building site to go and buy spirit level bubbles 

#9 WelshMet

WelshMet

Draftee

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:14 AM

Welcome aboard.  Glad you are here.

Easiest way to learn the ins and outs of baseball is to watch.  Mets announcers are pretty good (compared to most) and go over strategy fairly regularly.  For any other questions, just post here (pick a thread, but questions posed in the Chatbox may tend to get lost).  This thread works as good as any.  The crew here are knowledgeable and friendly, and you'll get good answers.

Any good sites out there to stream baseball? Most games are in the middle of the night for me, so not practical to watch. I watch what I can on youtube, but it's mostly highlights packages. And 10-1 YES! Let's Go Mets!

#10 abat

abat

An Englishman not in NY

• Members
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:57 AM

Welcome. MLB.tv is perfect in the UK as you don't get blackouts. You can also watch games back at a more sane time.

When you get really addicted to the Mets you'll crave SNY so you can watch the pre and Post-Game shows. A bit harder to do but still possible.

I'm from the UK but here in NYC for the first couple of the Brewers series.
  • WelshMet likes this

#11 WelshMet

WelshMet

Draftee

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted Yesterday, 07:34 AM

Awesome, hope youre having a great time. I plan to take a trip to New York in the next few years. See the Mets and Knicks in the same trip before basketball season ends. I'll check out mlb.tv for sure. I subscribe to SNY on youtube, great post match videos

Welcome. MLB.tv is perfect in the UK as you don't get blackouts. You can also watch games back at a more sane time.

When you get really addicted to the Mets you'll crave SNY so you can watch the pre and Post-Game shows. A bit harder to do but still possible.

I'm from the UK but here in NYC for the first couple of the Brewers series.

• abat likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users