Welcome to Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to MetsParadise.com, the Unofficial Message Board of the New York Mets. Like most online communities, you must register to post in our Mets Forum. Not to worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Join our community by signing in or creating an account. Registered users are able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
;lgm;

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Devin Mesoraco - Mets Get Health Issue Catcher

#MetsS8 Trade Reds Matt Harvey Catcher

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:34 PM

You can think about, but too early to talk about it :)

I don't see how signing him now is a smart move on either side. Big risk for mets with a player trying to prove hecan play a full season and perform, unless the can get a big discount, and Mesoraco with a good season can put himself into a free market, so why give a discount?

At the moment, waiting is advantageous to both teams

#17 Drucifer

Drucifer

Admin-Super Mod

• Owners
  • 30,810 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

You can think about, but too early to talk about it :)

I don't see how signing him now is a smart move on either side. Big risk for mets with a player trying to prove hecan play a full season and perform, unless the can get a big discount, and Mesoraco with a good season can put himself into a free market, so why give a discount?

At the moment, waiting is advantageous to both teams

I didn't say now. I said lets see how he preforms before the Mets fans think of him as just a rental.

#18 brian stark

brian stark

All-Star

• Members
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:35 AM

It is never TOO early to think adead!

Mesoraco is hitting below 200 for the last like three or four years.

When Jose Lobaton is outhitting you, a contract extension is not anything to rush into.

#19 Saxon

Saxon

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,106 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:39 PM

Mesoraco is hitting below 200 for the last like three or four years.

When Jose Lobaton is outhitting you, a contract extension is not anything to rush into.

they should just give him a Qualifying Offer instead...it worked so well with Neil Walker

#20 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:30 AM

Can't since midseason trade...

Oh, wait, what's that, you were being sarcastic? In that case, Neil Walker joke.... good one!
  • Saxon likes this

#21 Saxon

Saxon

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,106 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:56 AM

Can't since midseason trade...

Oh, wait, what's that, you were being sarcastic? In that case, Neil Walker joke.... good one!

I still don't get how Mr Frugal thought that a piece of broken down crap like Neil Walker was worth $17.2 Mil for one season...he had a "career year" and also ended it with his usual chronic back issue flaring up

#22 METS FANG

METS FANG

Major League Rookie

• Members
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:07 AM

In all honesty, I thought for sure he'd turn it down as well.  17M 1 year vs the lure of a 40-45M 3 year type deal that gave him security but less than the 17M per year that the 1 year deal offered.

Mets took a gamble in offering it, but Walker took a gamble in accepting it as well.  Seems both lost... though I understand the rational from both sides.

To connect this to the thread, Mesoraco, other than his career year in 2014, has not shown the consistency or health to even consider a 2019 consideration.  IMO, he hasn't even earned the starting gig on the Mets one Plaw is back.

#23 thomasam

thomasam

Mets AAA Ball Player

• Members
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationHoboken, NJ/ New York, NY

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:14 PM

I understand the injury concern with Walker, but it's not like he had one huge career aberration before the signing.

2011:  12-83-.273

2012:  14-69-.280

2013:  16-53-.251

2014:  23-76-.271

2015: 16-71-.269

2016:  23-55-.282

Yes, the back was a concern but he was only 30 and fairly consistent.  He's no difference maker but not a bad bet to give you a decent year.

• Canada Mets Fan likes this

#24 Saxon

Saxon

All-Star

• Members
  • 9,106 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:11 AM

We missed our opportunity to lock him up cheap...after last night, he's going to be a rock star in the FA market

#25 mjjm367

mjjm367

All-Star

• Members
  • 10,067 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:47 PM

Hey there guests... Wondering where all the cool kids are at? We have moved to Mets Global. Same pretty faces you are used to here, and more importantly, the same not-so-pretty faces too.

https://www.metsglobal.org/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #MetsS8, Trade, Reds, Matt Harvey, Catcher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users